Tuesday, April 29, 2014

#55 - True Conversation

Oh Family, :)

I don't even want to write an e-mail now because I am so in love with your e-mails that I just want to read them over and over and over again. I cried. I laughed. I love you. :)

But, I suppose I better write to you about my week or Momma J. will get a bit worried. So, here ya go: :)

This week I have been thinking a lot about a sentence in Preach My Gospel that says something like, "One of the greatest evidences of conversion is the desire to share it with others." I've not just been thinking about this line in respect to my conversion, but also, the conversion of our wonderful investigators who have been serving as missionaries before they have even put a toe in the waters of baptism. :)

I want to tell you about our lovely friends, Emile and Erica. I just love them. We started teaching the little sister, Erica, and one day while we were there teaching her, Emile walked in. So, we called her over and started teaching her too. We discovered that Emile is actually married to a less active member and she is very interested in the gospel. She was asking us question after question about the church. When we finished our lesson, she said, "Come with me. My friends need to hear this." And she took us to the house of some of her friends where we taught the good news of the restoration again, only with Emile helping us teach it as well. It was an AWESOME expirence! :) She was so excited to share the gospel with her friends. :) Erica and Emile came to church for the first time yesterday and loved it. Something about teaching two sisters together really hits a tender spot with me. :) We are now also working with her husband to come back to church as well. It would be so wonderful to see that WHOLE family together in the gospel! I am so happy for them!
 
We also came across Neuza and her family this week and we've already fallen in love with them. :) We were actually looking for another person and knocked on the wrong door. When Neuza answered the door and we realized our mistake, we thought, "Tudo bem! We'll just leave a message here as well...! :) As we started teaching her, she stopped us in the middle and said, "Can you hold on for a second...," and then went out side to call all her kids and neighbors in to hear our message again. HOW GREAT IS THAT?! It was so lovely to see Neuza and her four kids in the church yesterday, speaking with the members and enjoying the fruits of the gospel. :) 

The gospel of Jesus Christ is so wonderful! This week was just so good. Sure, there were surely some hard parts - getting lost, getting sunburned, getting tired, but the Lord is so good and so wonderful and is blessing us a great deal. I feel so full of gratitude to my Heavenly Father. The other night we were waiting for the bus and the world looked so beautiful to me. The sky was all lit with stars, the wind was blowing the palm trees, and I could faintly hear a congregation of another faith singing hymns.  I said a quick, silent prayer of gratitude. I looked over to my compaion, Sister Melonakos, and ran my finger across my name badge and was reminded once more of the wonderful blessing I have to be a missionary. I love being a missionary. I love this gospel. I love my Heavenly Father. :)

I love you, Family. More than I could ever put into words, in Portuguese or English or any other language on the planet. I hope you can feel it. :)

All my love,

Sister Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment