I did not know it was possible for one soul to feel so much love. This week has been one of the best weeks of my entire mission, and therefore, my life. I feel my Heavenly Father's love so deeply and a profound love for Him in return. I feel love for my ward, for the people we are teaching, for my compaion, and for you, my beautiful family. :) I am certainly not perfect, but I know that this is a perfect work because this is the work of our Perfect and Loving Heavenly Father. He has been guiding us so much this week and we feel so very blessed. I truly feel that our plans, our words, and paths are inspired by our Heavenly Father. And it is a wonderful thing. :)
This week we were teaching in a home and I felt very strongly to speak with one of the daughters and her boyfriend without everyone else. We finished our message and then I asked if it would be alright to speak with them in a another room. We sat down and started talking with them. I didn't even have to think of what to say, the words just came to my mind and off my lips. We said very directly and plainly to them that they needed to keep the Law of Chastity or be legally married because this is what our Heavenly Father wants. While we were speaking very bluntly with them about a touchy subject , somehow there was a calm and loving feeling in the room. They said they already knew we would say that and they had been praying together and looking to arrange their marriage. It was a wonderful moment to be there and hear that! :)
Neuza's family is also doing really well! We were at there home this week teaching about prayer. We were asking everyone if they had prayed and if they had recieved an answer. When we got to the little boy he said, "Sister, I prayed, but I didn't get an answer. While I was praying on my bed, my kitty jumped on my head and I couldn't hear Heavenly Father very well." To which his older sister said, "Hmm... sounds like you had bad connection." Bahaha! We could not stop laughing. I love that family! :)
We have also been teaching a sweet, old couple whom I just love! It's a little nerve-racking to teach them though, because the husband, Aylton, is a Bible Whiz! He knows the bible front to back and can whip out any scripture so fast! It can been a little intimitating. Ha ha :) But Flor and Aylton are so sweet. We were at their house the other day and they took us out to their garden and we picked and ate blackberries with them. It was so nice. :)
We had a funny little expirence this week. We were waiting for the bus one night and two horses just walked up to us as though they were there to catch the bus as well. We found this very humorous and started talking to the horses and petting them. Just then a funny little man selling coconut rice cakes out of a wheelbarrow and blasting music from his boom box came up to us and said, "Welcome to Brazil!" and gave us free cake. We felt very welcomed indeed. :)
It was a lovely week, but the BEST part of all was that my dear friend, Erica, was baptized! Whoo hoo! :) It was so wonderful to see her step into the waters of baptism, dressed in white, and glowing with happiness. I love her! Her family is also progressing towards baptism, but needs to resolve a couple things first. But I was so proud of Erica and her choice to go a head and be baptized! :) It was kinda crazy because we got to the church and realized that there was no running water left so we had to all pile into the bishop's car and go to another church 15 minutes away. Ha ha! But she was baptized and it was wonderful! I am so happy for her! :)
I love you so much family! I will see you at 3:00 on Sunday! I am so excited to see your lovely faces and hear your lovely voices! :)
I LOVE YOU!
All my love,
Sister Mann
No comments:
Post a Comment