Wednesday, February 26, 2014

#48 - First Change Your Prayers (Pictures)

Hello Lovely People of my Lovely Life!!! :)

Goodness, how I love you! I hope you had a wonderful week! Sounds like it was a doosey. :) LUKE!!! Congrats on your Eagle, you little skunk! I am so proud of you. I seriously got choked up like a real bawl baby looking at the picture of you, dad, and the grandpas. I love you so so so much. And you look so handsome. Love you. :) And Micail, I am sure your farewell was such a delight.  I have been non-stop talking about you for the last two weeks with my compaions. I think the sisters are growing weary of hearing all about you. Ha ha! :) Sister Campos, who I love dearly and is one of the funniest people alive, keeps saying things like, "Hey. Micail called me and told me she likes me better," and "Hey, Micail stopped by and we had girl's night and you missed it." Ha ha! I'll have to send you a picture of the paper she left of my wall. She's so funny. Ha ha :) So, thanks for being a part of our jokes. :) Also, I would love love love to have a copy of your talk if possible. Actually, if you could fly down here to Brazil and just say it to me in person, that would be great too. Thanks. :)

This week was CRAZY. Actually. That's nothing new, right? Has there ever been a not crazy week in my mission? I don't believe so. But here is the recent wonderful craziness: 

- Our little group in Jaguarari is so wonderful! I love the people there so much. It is a sacrifice of time and money to travel there, but totally worth the visit. The town is so calm and beautiful, full of bright colored homes and flowers. One of the most dear members to my heart, Lazara, lives there. She always has something to eat waiting for us when we arrive and is always willing to go on visits with us.  I love members. :)

- We had Night of the Frytions Part 2 this week! SO FUN! We had a message on baptism and then had a relay course with all kinds of crazy obstacles and hot dogs afterwards. It was a rousing success! We got home that night COVERED in flour, eggs in our hair, and banana all over our faces. I'll try to send a picture, because the level of fun is visible. :)

- Something I learned this week is that if you want things to change, first change your prayers. Prayer has become so so so important to me in the mission. I feel like I am always praying. I truly am learning to look to Heavenly Father in every thought. He is there. He is listening.

- We had a P-day miracle today. It is the end of the month and we are all out of money here, so today for almoƧo we threw some corn mash together and cut up some hot dogs and put it all together! And we are all full and happy. Guess how much it costed? $1.25 for all four of us. We are the champions, my friends.

- Our little friend got baptized this week! It was so wonderful! Steffany has been going to church with her older cousin since she was just little, but was not baptized because her dad wouldn't let her. She was in primary and the topic of baptism came up. She told us she felt really sad because she was the only one her class who wasn't baptized. We decided to go talk to her dad and see what we could do. We were all ready for war when we got there: we had the scriptures ready to go and we were praying so hard. We talked to him for a bit and then asked him if he would support Steffany in being baptized. Much to our surprise, he only paused for a bit and then accepted and signed the baptismal form and left the room. It was a miracle. Straight up. I don't know what changed his heart in the moment, but it was such a happy moment!  Steffany burst in to tears. She was so happy. And the baptism was beautiful. Miracles are real. :)

I love you so family! I love the mission and I am so happy to be here. Thank you for all you do for me. I love you so!

All my love,

Sister Mann





No comments:

Post a Comment