Boa tarde, meus amores! Eu amo vocês! :)
Family. I loved this week. :) This was one of my favorite weeks I have ever had in the mission! It was full of wonderful people, miracles, and the love of Our Heavenly Father! Here is what I loved so much:
I SERIOUSLY LOVE MY TRAINEE. She is a wonderful 19 year old Sister from Sâo Paulo who loves to talk, sing, talk, talk, and talk. She is so fun! On Tuesday, I went to President's house to go pick her up in Salvador. I walked into the dinning room where the newbies where waiting to meet the trainers and the second I saw Sister B. Sousa, I knew she was my trainee! Do you know what gave it away? A head fully of bouncy, blonde curls. We were made for each other. :)
When President announced that we would be companions, I gave her a big hug and said, "Sister! I am so happy you are here! Welcome! I hope you love to work hard and are ready to give it your all, because this companionship works!" And that is exactly what we have been doing this week. It is so fun to be training because you get to choose how much you work, how you spend your time, and all that jazz. While we were on the stinky city bus, I got up in front of the bus and invited everyone to church. The next bus we caught, I looked at Sister B. Sousa and said, "Okay, Sister! Your turn to invite everyone!" And she got up there and did it. I was so proud of her! :) I am really excited to work with her. :)
Training has been super eye-opening for me. It's like a bulldozer dumped a giant load of responsibility on my shoulders. Ha ha :) But it's been good for me. I have found myself relying a great deal more on the Lord and searching for the promptings of the Holy Ghost. And straight up MIRACLES have happened. Between the four sisters in the branch, we had 9 new investigators in church yesterday and 4 of them have a date marked for baptism. We've been finding solid investigators every day in our contacts and now I am just trying to keep up with all our appointments and investigators. I remembered that Mike Pederson said his mission changed for him when he started inviting EVERYONE to baptism and I have found that very true! Thanks, Uncle Mike! :) I love working with Sister B. Sousa! We are really going to tear it up in Senhor do Bonfim these next two transfers. :)
There has been hard parts about trainning too, though. It's not all coxinhas and borboletas. I had to show her that although The Work is wonderful and beautiful, there are some very, very sad moments. One night this week, we were paying a visit to some of our most beloved investigators. As we walked into the home, I could just feel that something wasn't quite right. We sat down to give the lesson, but before we could start, the mom said, "Sisters, I have to be honest with you. We can't do this. We can't change religions." My heart shattered. She went on to explain that she felt so comfortable in her other church and that she just didn't have the courage to change. We tried so hard to explain to her that this truly is the church of Christ. We testified, we poured out our hearts, we did all we knew how to do, but in the end she has her agency. As we were walking away from the house, I looked over at Sister B. Sousa to see tears running down her cheeks. I put my arm around her and told her everything would be all right and that Heavenly Father knew we tried our best. I felt so much love for her in that moment because I remembered that feeling too. I felt like we really bonded that night. Our trials and hard moments really do strengthen us and makes us better. Heavenly Father can make any ugly situation something beautiful.
Heavenly Father also sent us another wonderful blessing: Sister Campos. She got transfered into our area and I have been so grateful for the happy light and comic relief she has brought into our home. Seriously, I haven't laughed this hard in a long, long time. The girl is hilarious. The other day I made pancakes and afterwards she was dancing and singing while doing the dishes and I laughed until tears spilled out of my eyes. She is also from São Paulo but speaks PERFECT English. Seriously. Sometimes I think it all is a lie and she is American because her accent is so good. I don't know how she did it. But I LOVE her. So funny. And such a good missionary. She is truly an example. Sister Caceres and I have been so grateful to have received two wonderful sisters in our area! This transfer is going to be SO good! :)
Oh! Also, the simplified hymn books got here! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I love them! They are really going to help! :) And thank you to all who sent Christmas cards! I loved getting some Christmas joy even though it's the end of January. Ha ha! :)
I love you all so so so sos os so sososososososososo much! I am ALWAYS praying for you! :)
All my love love love,
Sister Mann
No comments:
Post a Comment