My dearest, most beautiful family who I love so much,
HI! How are you all? I sure miss you all! :)
How was your B-day, Mommy? I heard you turned 29 again. Good job. :) I hope it was steller, Momma J.! I sure do love you. I admire you so so so so much and look up to you in every way! Did you get my Birthday Card? If not, well it is on it's way! Slowly... but surely... Speaking of which, I called the mission office today and they said there is a package there waiting for me from Hyde Park! So, they really do come! I will have to pick that up when we have transfers again. :)
I would like to apologize for the little freak out in my e-mail last week. I probably could have spared you some of the details of New Year's. Ha ha. :) That week, some things happened and I saw stuff that made me a little bit sad, and I just wanted to tell someone about it. So, sorry about that! I'm good now. Actually, I'm great! :)
- We had 8 lessons with members this week! And while that is not anywhere close to what I would like to have, it is the best we have done since being in this area. The members are starting to get more excited! :)
- Shout out to my Zone Leaders. We had a KILLER Zone Conference this week! I loooooooved it! And while I had to wake up at 5 in the morning to get there, it was well worth it. It was a spiritual boost!
- We had another spiritual boost this week as well! The Sister Training Leaders, Sister Yslas and Sister Villaroman, came to our house and did splits with us. It was awesome! Sister Yslas served here before some missionaries lost the trust of the members and she said that this place was just on fire with the work at one point and they were having weekly baptisms. I KNEW IT!!!! This place has SO much potential. And we will bring it back to the glory days! Just you watch...
- Can I just tell you how nice it is to have Sister Powell here in the mission? It's so nice. :) We call each other every week and it's just wonderful to have a friend here experiencing the same difficulties, tests, and such. I don't feel so alone. :)
- The other day I went with Sister Santos to get an x-ray of her foot. We had to leave our house at 8 in the morning and didn't get there until 1 in the afternoon. When we finally arrived, the secretary said that the x-ray machine broke and they didn't know when it would be fixed. We were very polite, but I could tell Sister Santos was blowing invisible fire out her nostrils. Upset about missing a whole day of work for nothing, we trudged back on to the smelly, hot bus home. I heard a voice behind me say, "Hi! Do you speak English?!" What the dickens? Someone was speaking to me in English! I turned around to see a lovely lady sitting behind me. She introduced herself and told me she was majoring in English had studied in Florida for a year. We got talking and I found out she was in town to take a big ol' test the next day and was completely lost. She said she prayed for help, and then we walked in. It was so weird to talk about the gospel in English... I asked her if she had place to stay and she said no. We made a few phone calls, got in contact with the sisters of the area, who then got in contact with some ward members, and we eventually got things worked out for her! That is another reason why I love the church! Everyone has connections and is willing to help. Awesome. :)
- We found a new family to teach! We contacted a young man on the road named Gilmar and he was super interested. His family is awesome too! We taught them the 1st lesson and they just drank it right up. So cool. :)
- I kicked up English class again! :) One of our less-actives came and brought their WHOLE family. Kids, husband, nephews... Now if we could only get them there on Sunday...
- I LOVE working with less-actives. It is one of my favorite parts of being a missionary. I love to see them brush the dust of their Book of Mormons and I especially love to see them come walking through the church doors like they are coming home after a long trip. Gah. I love it.
- So, I think I forgot to tell you, but along with Senhor do Bonfim, we also are in charge of a tiny little town 30 minutes from here named Jaguarari. There isn't a church there, just a little group that meets on Sundays in a member's home. But our little group is doing so well! We had someone get confirmed on Sunday and one of our investigatos, Tiala, has a baptismal date for this Sunday. She has been investigating forever! It's time to get her baptized. :)
- Also, I sang in church yesterday. The ward loved it! It really improved the amount of people who showed up in choir after. :)
So, that's the news here! The work is moving right along. And we are getting better! I love it! :) Please continue to pray for me. Know that I always pray for you. I love you so! :)
All my love love love love love,
Sister Mann
No comments:
Post a Comment