Monday, January 20, 2014

#43 - Trainer

Hi Family! :)

I finally got our Christmas card! :) And it certainly was a doosey! I loved it. :) So what are you people going to do now that Micail is coming home and we turned her room into a bowling alley? Ooops. Guess we didn't think that one through. I guess she can go sleep with Lizzie. :) Did ya hear that, Micail?!

Also, thanks Aunt Trina for the awesome singing card! I made the mistake of opening it while we quietly waiting for a meeting to start. Ha ha! Everyone loved it. :) Thank you for thinking of me! It's so good to hear from you all! :)

I am really sorry that I am always behind on the news! I usually don't have time to read everyone's e-mails and then print them off and read them at home. That's why I am always 2 weeks behind the times. :) But, HOLY COW?! Sister King is engaged?! Nossa senhora! I didn't even know she was dating! Wowsers! I will tell you what, that is a LUCKY man. I love Sister King. Seriously, I love her so much. I am so happy for her! It's so good to hear such good news! :)

Also, Mom, to answer your question about transportation: We walk. And we walk. Sometimes we run if there are mean dogs. And then we walk. :) Ha ha :) And also if we absolutely HAVE to (because I hate it...) we ride the stinky, hot, not reliable, city bus. Whoo....

So, I had quite the shock this morning.... and I am still recovering. This morning the Elders called us with some news for the transfer. He told us that Sister Santos and Sister Marona are being transferred out and then he asked to speak with me.

He said, "Oi Sister Mann! You are going to need to make a trip to Salvador tomorrow to pick up your trainee!" To which I replied, "Oh, Elder. I think you are talking to the wrong sister. This is Sister Mann." "Nope!," He said, "I am talking to the right sister and I am not kidding! You are training, Sister Mann! Congrats!"

It was a good thing I was sitting down because I could feel the blood rush out of my head. WHAT?! I am training? That was seriously the LAST thing I was expecting. I am super excited, nervous, and everything! I've gotta train that little newbie up right. :) Tomorrow I will travel 7 hours to Salvador to pick her up at the mission home! I am going to love her with all my heart and work her like she's never worked before! :)

Personally, I do not feel ready. I have tons of weaknesses and things that I want to do better and I don't feel very adequate to be a trainer. BUT! it is a good thing that I am best friends with someone who knows everything and is going to help me. I know the Lord knows what He is doing and has called me to do this. It's all going to be okay. He has caught me every single time He's asked me to jump.

I trust Him.

I sure love you, Fam! Please be praying for me and my trainee! :)

All my love and then some,

Sister Mann #2

No comments:

Post a Comment