Tuesday, November 5, 2013

#31 - A Week of Miracles

FAMILY!!!! 

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICAIL!!!! :) :) :) I love you so much! I miss you so much! This year for your birthday, let's be missionary girls and help other sisters be together forever, and next birthday, let's eat brownies and watch Hello Dolly and have a sleep over. Okay. :) I am sending a huge hug and kiss your way, Tel! I love you so much! :)

Oh, Family. Remember last week when I said that I was just going to jump and trust that Heavenly Father would catch me? Well, He sure did follow through. I love Him. :) This week was AWESOME. I AM SO HAPPY. Fo real.  This week was one of those weeks that so much happened, I don't even know how to write this e-mail. So, I guess I'll just start writing. :) 

First miracle of the week: I LOVE Sister Ribeiro! Oh, my goodness, do I love her. She is the tiniest, most adorable little Brazilian thing I have ever loved! If she was a food she would be a heart-shaped sugar cookie with light pink frosting and powdered sugar on top. She's just a lil' sweetie. :) And she is an incredible missionary and loves to work hard. She has been helping me with my Portuguese SO much. It's really coming along. :) I have been talking and smiling and laughing so much. It feels so good. :) I have a feeling this transfer is going to be awesome. :)

This week was a lot of showing Sister Ribeiro the area and trying to find a new group of investigators. We talked to tons of people! Sister Ribeiro is very good at listening to the Spirit. Sometimes it is hard for me to know the balance betwen working hard and being punctual and knowing when to stop and hold still for a second, but I am getting better at it. For example, we were running late to an appointment with members the other day, but decided to stop and talk to a man sitting on bench. He was very interested and started asking us lots of questions. One thing led to another and we ended up just sitting next to him on the bench and teaching him the WHOLE second lesson. And if you know Preach My Gospel, you know that the second lesson is the Plan of Salvation and is quite depthy. But he loved it and accepted it all! When we got to our appointment late, they were totally understanding and had waited for us. Heavenly Father really does guide our path. 

Ha ha! Mom! I laughed about your comment on the photos I sent home. (Editor's Note: I will post on Thursday.) :) Yes, I stick out A LOT. Sometimes I forget how odd a blonde frizz-head, white girl looks coming down the street. :) I girl came up to me the other day and said, "Sorry for asking, but where are you from?" I told her I was Brazilian in heart, but I was actually American. She laughed and told me that her friend had seen me the other day and told her about me and that when she saw me, she knew I was the same person her friend had told her about. Oh hey, no pressure. Just the whole town notices me and my every action and people are talking about me. Ha ha! I guess I better strive to be a good example when we are out and about, because people notice me. Ha ha. :)

Also, Belated Happy Halloween! :) So, they don't really celebrate Halloween down here, sadly. But, in our house, we still celebrated. :) We all made a jack-o-lantern after nightly planning and ate cornbread and I thought of you and how much I love you!

Thank you for all you do for me, family! Eu amo vocês demais. This really, truly is the work of God.

All my love,

Sister Mann Jr. 

No comments:

Post a Comment