By George! You've done it again! Your e-mails and letters are terrific. Thank you for your encouragement, thoughts, and love. I can't even tell you how much I love to hear from you people! Gah. I love you! :) I was especially happy at zone conference when they were giving out letters this week and I got a pink card with a butterfly on it from my mommy and another letter from my grandma! Thank you!
Zone conference was so inspired and I understood just about everything. (Take that, Portuguese!) I loved it. And after the conference, we were waiting in the bus station and bought some coxinhas (It's kinda like a chicken-pot... pie/dumpling? Shaped like a Hershey's kiss? I don't know how to explain it. But it's good. And I have the recipe. Get excited. :) ) and some fresh squeezed pineapple juice. As all the sisters and I were sitting at the counter eating our Brazilian treats, reading news from home, and still feeling on fire from the zone conference, my heart just about exploded with gratitude. I said a happy little prayer thanking my Heavenly Father for that moment and the blessing of being a missionary in Brazil, Salvador. I love being a missionary. :)
This week seemed to whizz by! I'll try to make a little summary for you of my adventures:
- Is there anything cuter than a bunch of little Brazilian kids singing in the Primary Program? Nope. :) SO CUTE! We helped the primary kids prepare and learn the songs for the Primary program and I was able to play the piano for them. It was so fun! I love the kids in our ward.
- Speaking of little people, someone that I love very, very much is a little girl, eight years of age, named Victoria. We have been teaching her family for a some time, and while they have lost interest and don't want to listen anymore, this little girl has been going strong! She loves the Book of Mormon and her testimony is surprisingly huge for such a tiny little girl. Her questions are so deep and I am touched by the relationship she has with Jesus Christ. She told me that she wants to go to church every Sunday, but has no one to go with, and so I promised we would pick her up and take her every Sunday. It is a privilege to walk hand-in-hand with this little girl to church every Sunday. I love her. :)
- I stopped touching frogs because Dad told me they can be poisonous and I should keep my hands inside the ride. :( I'll just say Hi to them from now on.
- Service is the best. Straight up. There is a family in a ward that is so awesome and just got sealed in the temple! Happy day! :) But the travel expenses were pretty steep for them to go. A little birdy told us that they have been struggling financially ever since and have been going hungry. But! As we know, sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven... and sometimes, two little missionaries dropping off bags of groceries on your doorstep, door-bell ditching you, and then sprinting down the road.
- We popped in to visit one of our less-actives the other day and found her in her bed, feeling quite under the weather. She makes salgados (they are kind of like empanadas, but baked rather than fried and have a harder shell) for a living and sells them at a school. She told us that she was so tired, but still needed to make salgados. We scratched our plans for the night and stayed to help. We had so much fun in her kitchen, singing hymns and making a hundred or so salgados! It took our whole evening, but I assure you that huge smiles spread across our faces when we saw her walk into church this Sunday. :)
Well, that's just a bit from the week of Sister Mann! I sure love you, family! Keep on keeping on. I know you are out there doing wonderful things because you are wonderful people. I know that Heavenly Father loves us so much and truly is guiding our paths! One day our paths will run smack into each other again, but until then, keep being happy, keep loving, keep giving. :) I love you so! Until next week... :)
All my love and a coxinha,
Sister Mann #2
No comments:
Post a Comment