Monday, October 28, 2013

#30 - Of Choirs and Trainers

Hi Family that I love too much! :)

Well, my second transfer in Brazil has come and gone, and the sad news is Sister Saneski is being transferred to another area. :( I will miss her so much! She has been an angel to me. I cannot tell you how grateful I have been for her and her patience with me learning Portuguese. Heavenly Father knew I needed her! But on the flip side, the happy news is my new companion is Sister Ribeiro! I only met her briefly once at a zone conference, but I know I am going to love her! She is just stunning and I have heard plenty o' good things about her. I am really excited to be her companheiro! :)

Yesterday our ward choir performed for the first time! We sang a lovely version of Press Forward Saints. Did I even tell you that we organized a ward choir? I think I forgot. Ha ha I just get so excited to hear from you when I am e-mailing, that I forget to tell you stuff. :) But it was awesome! I arranged the piano piece and played and Sister Saneski lead.  The ward LOVED it. Everyone came up to us afterward and told us how much they loved the ward choir. I have been SO grateful for music on my mission. FOR REAL. It is a language that everyone can understand and it truly has the power to usher in the spirit and touch hearts.

I have also been teaching English Class and it's a blast! ... I think I forgot to mention that as well. Oops. :) Something funny happened this week in English class. I had just finished an hour lesson on Weather and we were about to sing the closing hymn, when the other sisters' investigators came walking in the door. Apparently they were confused with the time and thought it started an hour later. Sister Enrique looked at me and said, "Sister Mann, do it again!" Ha ha! And so, I started all over, "Welcome to English!", I said, "Our first hymn will be..." Ha ha! And the ward members totally played along. They are the best! :) They sat there and endured another hour of English Class with me. The second time around I taught prayer and we all took turns praying in English. I think Heavenly Father was really excited to hear those prayers. :)

Oh! Guess what! After almost SEVEN months of training and FIVE trainers, I am an official trained missionary! Praise be! :) Took me long enough, good gravy. But! I am very, very, very grateful for my training  I have learned so much and ALL my trainers have been exceptional. Here are just a few things I have learned about training:

- The greatest difference in a trainer and a trainee is only time. 
- Be humble enough to see your weaknesses and brave enough to overcome them.
- More is "caught" then "taught". The example of the trainer is more important than ANYTHING. Trainees are watching their trainers like a hawk to know what to do, what to say, and how to act.
- Trainees are not idea-less, cotton headed ninny muggins. They can receive revelation and ideas just the same.
- The best trainers are the ones that truly love you and want you to succeed.

I hope that I can use and apply all that I have learned in the last seven months now, because I will need it! I feel a lot of weight on my shoulders as sister Ribeiro is new to the area and it my responsibility to show her the city and the ward and our investigators. I am a teensy bit nervous.  But! I do not fear. It will all be okay. Every time that Heavenly Father says jump and I do, He always catches me. So! Here we go again. :)

Well, we have to go get Sister Saneski off, but I sure love you! Please pray for me and know I pray for you. I love you with all my heart. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment