Hi you beautiful, beautiful people!
First thing first. Like always:
I LOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOUUUUU! :) :) :)
It's so good to hear your funny stories, your insights, and just that you are doing well. I sure love you. :) Something that I have learned in the mission is that if you love someone, you have to SHOW them that you love them through your actions and words or they will never know. So, I hope you never tire of hearing how much I love you, because I will always say it and will always do my best to show it. Okay? Okay. I love you. :)
Well... This Week. Unfortunately, Sister Saneski was sick or in pain almost every day this week. Again. It really is sad. One of the days that we were stuck inside our little apartment, I was just feeling a bit at the end of my rope. Sister Saneski was in bed while I was feeling kinda grumpy and studying Portuguese, when I remembered that Rachelle Huber had sent me a package of happy letters in case of emergency. (Heaven bless Rachelle Huber, that little angel, forever more!) Heavily inspired by her words, I decided to get up from my desk and do something more! I wrote a get-better card for Sister Saneski and made her chocolate-chip pancakes She LOVED them. And I felt so much better! Service and love fix everything, I do believe! I wonder how many times I need to learn that. Ha ha! If you want to be miserable, think of yourself. If you want to be happy, think of others. :)
One day this week, Sister Enrique and Sister Soares were kind enough to go on splits with Sister Saneski and I. Sister Soares stayed inside with Sister Saneski and I got to go work with Sister Enrique. She is an incredible missionary and I am so grateful I got to learn from her example! And I spoke a great deal more in the lessons then usual, which is a miracle! Praise be. :) I am SO grateful for the Sisters that I live with. They are truly some of my best friends. :)
Here's a funny little story from this week... actually, it wasn't so much funny as it was straight up TERRIFYING. So one very dark and stormy night (okay, it wasn't really storm..., but dark? Yes!), Sister Saneski and I were at home, due to Sister Saneski's health. I was in the kitchen making dinner all merry and happy, when the lights all of the sudden turned off and I was in complete darkness. And I thought I heard someone move in the other room. I was a little spooked, so I ran into the bedroom to tell Sister Saneski.
Me: Umm... Sister? The light's just when off in the kitchen for no reason...
Her: Oh, that's nothing. I am sure the light bulb just when out.
Me: Yeah... but two lights at the same time?
She looked at me weird and grabbed the phone. She called the other sisters, but they said they were in another lesson and would call back. A little nervous, we both walked back into the kitchen. Sister Saneski walked over to the light switch and turned the lights back on. "Nothing to worry about, Sister Mann!" she said. But my heart sank. I looked at Sister Saneski and said, "Sister. Lights don't turn off by themselves." We then heard unmistakable shuffling in the other room. "Sister," I said dead serious, "Someone is here." Now apparently I have watched too many horror films (Thank you, Josh Blotter.), because I went for the nearest sharp object. And apparently Sister Saneski hasn't seen any because her instinct was to run into the bathroom. Who does that?! Anyway, before this got any more carried away, Sister Soares and Sister Enrique jumped out from the other room and scared us half to death. I have never been so scared! Can you believe those those two?!? Those twerps. They got us so good! But I guess it's good to keep your blood going and keep you on your toes. Ha ha! :)
Here is some other fun stuff!:
- Baianos (Editors note: those who live in this area of Bahia) dance in the street. All day. Everyday. They just pull up a car, and blast music, and dance. It's crazy. :)
- I had my first interview with President Hart! He is so awesome. The Harts are amazing, amazing people. Love them! And yes, I did know Sister Hart is an artist, Mom! I saw some of her work in their home! It's awesome.
- This week we had a talent show and our bishop sang "Listen to your Heart" and danced. SO funny. Please do that in our ward, Dad. Ha ha! :) We made a missionary parody and sang it for the ward. It was awesome! Definitely not your average ward talent show. Ha ha! :)
- The secretary of the mission heard that we were stuck in our house and he called and practiced the lessons with me over telephone for almost an hour. That was pretty cool.
- I ate an entire pineapple in one sitting. Whoops. :)
- In Portuguese "everyone" is "tudo mundo" which literally translates to "all world"
- My testimony of the Book of Mormon is just blooming. I LOVE THAT BOOK SO MUCH. It is true and I know that. :)
Well, I love you! I'll keep doing my best and loving and learning. I love you so!
:)
All my love,
Sister Mann
No comments:
Post a Comment