Monday, October 7, 2013

#27 - He is in the tiniest details of our lives. :)

FAAAAMILLLYYYY!!! :)

Hi, Loved Ones! How are you all? Did you love conference or what?! Goodness, we are so blessed to have a prophet and apostles. I loved it so so so much! Seeing the beautiful Conference Center and the Salt Lake Temple felt like seeing old friends. The sweet members of the ward set up a little desk for me to watch it in English and I cannot even tell you how good it was to understand without trying and to listen to the words of the prophets. I felt like Micail when she got to watch it in English during her first few months in Tahiti. She described it as a little thirsty puppy taking a big long drink of cool water, and that is exactly how it felt for me. There was something so comforting in knowing that all of us were watching the same conference, being edified together. I even saw good old Brother Bill Jensen up on the screen! I leaned over to my companion ( who I LOVE with all my heart) and said, "I know him! He is in my home ward!" She looked at me very surprised and said, "Really? Nossa. Tell him he sings really well for me." Ha ha! :) So, if you could please pass the word along to Brother Bill Jensen that he sings really well from Sister Saneski, that would be greatly appreciated. :)

This week has been a wonderful week other than the fact that poor Sister Saneski was sick almost every day. Poor girl!  We were not able to visit very many people or do a lot of work which is always a bummer. Now don't get me wrong, I have a lot of sympathy for Sister Saneski and it was awful that she was sick, but in a way it was kind of a blessing for me because I was able to study the language a lot. Ha ha! :) Portuguese is still a battle everyday for me. Some days I win and some days he wins, but I have a goal to eventually drag him over to my side and make him my best friend. And seeing's how I have the Lord on my side, I do believe that I will win. :) With the assistance of the Spirit, I have made a very detailed plan and goal to be fluent by Christmas. Whoa! Crazy, right? :)  And I am now making myself accountable to all of you to achieve this goal, alright? I truly believe, that with faith, patience, hard work, and my Heavenly Father, I can. :) I am very grateful for the method of goal setting I learned in New York. I would not be as far in the language or in my progression as a missionary without it. Nothing can be accomplished if you do not have a vision, a goal, and a plan. I have a testimony of that! Thank you, NYC. Heavenly Father knew I needed a to go to New York City and learn and experience what I did there so that my time here would be possible. I am so grateful for that. :)

Speaking of New York City.... GUESS WHAT! :) :) :) 

Family. I just received probably some of the happiest news I have ever received.  Sister Franklin, my lovely companion from NYC, just e-mailed me and told me that our old investigators in Woodside, NYC, the Valle Family AND Graciella are being baptized. When I opened up that email I just began to bawl. I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW I CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU. I love those people so much! I just want to hug them all so much right now. :) My heart is just full of joy. :) Just the other day, I was feeling very discouraged with... well... everything. I asked Heavenly Father if He accepted my work and was happy with what I was doing. I could not have asked for a sweeter, more beautiful answer. Sometimes you plant seeds and you have to leave before you see them grown into something beautiful. But they grew! They are being baptized! :)

I don't even know what else to write. I'm just too happy about the Valles and Graciella. :)

Heavenly Father is REAL. And He loves us. He is in the tiniest details of our lives and He wants to help us. Prayer is real and He will answer every prayer. He knows our hearts and he knows our minds. This is His church and this is His gospel. This gospel is for EVERYONE.  I know that He lives. I know that He loves us. He really, really does. :)

I love you family. So much. I am the happiest I have ever been. :)

Praying for you always and with all my love,

Sister Amelia Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment