Monday, September 30, 2013

#26 - Snickerdoodles

Hi, you hooligans! :)

How are you all doing? I love you, Momma J. and Poppa Rog! Thank you for your e-mails. You are truly inspired as to what to write. Thank you. :) And Tel Tel, I can totally imagine you drenched in rain, running around Tahiti like a real buffoon  I love those little tender mercies. Heavenly Father loves us, doesn't He? :) And aren't you just loving the Mann Van, Luker? :) She is a beauty! And if ever you think, 'Why does it smell oddly of Potato Soup in here...?' you can go ask Mrs. Mookie Kiser, alright? :) 

Ooo! I can just imagine Cache Valley right now, and the mountains all spotted with fall colors. Today I made snickerdoodles for the other Sisters and it was so fun! The smell of cinnamon cookies made me think of you and how much I love you all! I felt all cozy-autumny despite blazing Bahiana heat. :) They don't really have cookies down here, so the Sisters really got a kick out of them. Sweets and desserts are not as big here as they are in the states. Actually, when I first got here, my body craved sugar. Interesting fact. :)  In Brazil, lunch is the biggest meal. It's called Almoço and it's a big deal, alright? They even have a verb for it, "almoçar." That would be like us saying, "I lunched with my family." Hee hee! :) Almost every single almoço we eat some kind of meat (usually chicken), spaghetti, a vegetable  juice or soda, and of course, BEANS AND RIIICE!!! :) It's delicious. And I am trying to stay your little girl forever, but it is kind of rough with all these carbs... hee hee.... :) Thank you, Brazil... :)

The work in Serrinha is moving right along! This week have been working a lot with less active members in our ward. Last Monday, we had a giant finding-activity with the whole ward and all the missionaries in our zone. We all united together to go find the less actives in Serrinha. As we were preparing to leave, it felt very Helman's Army-ish with everyone and the spirit was so strong. It was a great success  :) Yesterday we had over 20 less active members in church! SUCH a happy feeling. It truly felt like people coming home. The members ran over to hug them and welcomed them in. And the chapel was packed. I kept getting choked up as I was looking out over the congregation from my seat at the piano. I love this work. :)

Yesterday I also began teaching piano to the youth here in the ward and to some investigators. It was awesome! Having a talent is fun, but sharing it is even more fun. I love the youth. :) Although it was a bit challenging trying to translate everything to Portuguese and find material. Oh, Mom and Dad, if at all possible, could you send me a Hymns Made-easy book? And I don't know if they have it in Portuguese, but if they do, that would be ideal. Thank you. I would super duper appreciate that! :) 

Who's excited for General Conference?! This girl! Counting down the days... :) I can hardly believe it was a year ago that the Prophet announced sister missionaries could leave at age 19. I still remember that feeling of love and peace that washed over me as the announcement was made.  I knew with all my heart that I was supposed to go. I have never felt such a powerful prompting in my life.  It was like every prayer and every concern was answered in one mighty blow. I know that announcement has blessed so many lives and benefited so many people, but I still feel like it was so personal. That Heavenly Father really knows me and has a plan for me and every soul. And now look at me! Here I am in Brazil, with a missionary name badge over my heart, speaking Portuguese, and serving the people of Bahia! Gah. I love my life. I am so grateful for a prophet and apostles in our day and I am so excited to hear them! :)

Well, I must be off, but I sure love you, family! Know that I am always praying for you and I love you. Thanks for getting me to where I am and making me the person I am. I'm glad I'm stuck with you for eternity. :)

All my love and a snickerdoodle,

Sister Mann the Younger

P.s. Remember when we would tie a firework to an arrow, light it, and then shoot it into the field? We're cool. Bye.  (Editor's note: We would do this on New Year's and the field was covered in snow - so don't worry, we weren't pulling a Tommy Monson.)

No comments:

Post a Comment