I hope you are having a lovely day today! Sometimes I like to imagine what you are all doing riiiight this second. I imagine Mommasita out weeding the flowers, tearing up that blasted snake grass and Luke making some sweet beats on his drums. What a cool kid. :) Dad's probably at work, making it possible for me to be here or out doing his bishop duties. And Micail. Micail is doing exactly what I am doing - Inviting others to come unto Christ. Of course, she's speaking French/Tahitian and I imagine her with flowers in her hair and the ocean in the background. :)
Mook sent me her engagements! Ahh! Can she get anymore beautiful? What a stunner. :) My little Mooks is getting married! :) I'm so excited for her. I love that little twerp so much. Ben is so lucky. :)
I'm doing just dandy! We worked so hard this week, and nothing feels better than working your tail-feathers off for the Lord. :) We've been walking all over New York City looking for people who have been baptized, but we haven't seen at church for a while and we miss them. It's been awesome to meet so many amazing people. I love missionary work with my whole soul! :)
Remember when we lived in Pennsylvania and we'd invite the missionaries over for dinner? That was the best! It's so odd that now other families are inviting us over and I'M the missionary! :) I remember being little and thinking the missionaries were these really strange, cool, people who were a little too happy and couldn't listen to good music. Ha ha. :) The truth is we are just normal people. Hi. :) We are just a bunch of kids who love the Lord with all we have and want to serve Him. I think sometimes we get this weird idea that when people become missionaries, they become someone else. Nope. We are still ourselves. I'm still Amelia Mann. Through and through. I still love rainbow doughnuts from Lee's Market Place and I still sleep with my baby blanket. I'm still just as crazy (just ask my companions :)...) and I love my family and friends just the same. I'm still me. And I'm not as distant or far as I feel. I'm just over here in New York, being me, but with a different purpose and goal in mind. :)
I hope you all got to see the Mission President Training last night! If you didn't, go look it up! Now. Please. Thanks. It was so good. :) The Gospel of Jesus Christ is real and it is being spread to all the world. But we have to work together to make it happen! To anyone who can hear or read this: Be bold. Be brave. There are souls who need Christ in their lives and need to feel the power of the Atonement. And we have that. It is our obligation to show love towards everyone, and share what we know. They are our friends, our co-workers, and our family. Don't be afraid to share what you know. I know we, as missionaries are not perfect. We are far from it. But please, please have faith in us. We are doing all we can to be worthy to work with your friends and with your families. Don't be afraid to lead us to the pure in heart, because no one knows better who they are than you. The Lord has faith in us. Please also have faith in us. Our motivation is love. We honestly love you.
I love you so much, family. Thank you for getting me here! :)
Send me any questions or thoughts or anything. I love to hear from you. :)
Your baby girl,
Sister Amelia Mann
No comments:
Post a Comment