Greetings from The Big Apple! :)
Hi, all you twerps! I hope you're well and dandy. :)
I don't have a ton of time to e-mail today, but know that I love you with all that's in me! And thanks for the letter, Mom. I needed it that day. Also, if I send a package to you hooligans in Logan, will you send it to Tel? I got her some stuff. Gracias. :)
This week has been nuts-o bananas! Hermana Van Langen got transferred and Sister Franklin and I got a new companion. Her name is Sister Laney and she is oodles of fun and a very hard worker (which is just the best!). We were absolutely shocked at transfer meeting to find out that she was our new companion, however. I just looked at the mission president like, 'Um... Are you crazy??' She has only been out on her mission of the same amount of time as Sister Franklin - 12 weeks. Which is tiny. So, we are all VERY new missionaries. Aaaaand I don't really speak Spanish. So... yup! :) We are tiny little babies. :) This week has been very stressful and tense, discovering just how much we don't know as we try to navigate our way around Queens and speak Spanish. It forces us to rely on Heavenly Father and pray the hardest and most sincere we've ever prayed. I have never prayed so much in my life.
Sister Franklin and Sister Laney are VERY different people. Very, very different. Other than their love of God and desire to serve Him, they are practically opposites in terms of personality. They are as different as the sun and a pineapple. I would say they are as different as the sun and the moon, but those objects are too similar to truly capture how different they are. :) As you can guess, having such opposite views causes a bit of difficulty, but miraculously, it has also been a blessing. Still in the process, but we are learning to work together. We are learning there are a thousand different ways to do something right. We get a lot done and work hard. It's crazy. And awesome. It's crazy awesome. :)
Sometimes I wonder what could Heavenly Father possibly be thinking. :) I'm being trained by two brand new missionaries... in the middle of Queens, New York... waiting to go to Brazil... in a Spanish Ward... while learning Portuguese. Ha ha! :) But, it will be alright. I was reading in Matthew when Christ heals the blind man. Before He does so, He says to Him, "Believe ye that I am able to do this?" and the blind man answers, "Yea, Lord." And he was healed, and saw. Honestly, I currently do not see how this is going to all work out. I can not see the reason or the plan Heavenly Father has for me. I'm blind. But despite the current situation and the uncertainty I have in myself, I believe in Christ. I believe in Him with all I am. And so I echo the blind man in saying, "Yea, Lord. I believe."
Please pray for me - I pray for you. :)
All my love,
Hermana Mann
No comments:
Post a Comment