Hello my beautiful family! :)
How are you all? I hope you are the BEST! I love you so much! :) Do you really check the weather in New York to see how I'm doing? You must love me too. :)
Well, when it rains in New York City - it pours. It's none of this sissy, wimpy stuff we call rain in Utah. Seriously, at the beginning of this week I thought, 'Ya know. If we get a baptism, we won't even need to fill the font. We can just toss them outside in the rain and it'll probably count as full immersion.' :) And if you're wondering what this does to my hair status, I will tell you: ridiculous ringlets. I look like a poodle. Thanks, NYC. :)
Along with the rain, this week started off a little... rough. All our appointments were falling through and no one would listen to us. Not a soul. One day in particular we got turned down by someone I really thought was promising and as we turned around, walking down the road in the pouring rain, you know what I did? The absolute WORST thing. I doubted. Yup, I doubted for a second. I thought, 'What am I doing here? This is nuts! I cannot organize the salvation of souls! I'm just a little frizz-head 19 year old kid! Why would Heavenly Father send me here, drop me off, and then leave me?'
This is the part where you think I'm going to say and then the sun came out and we got a new, golden investigator, eh? Nope! This is the part where I say that I hit a low. And my heart was broken. I felt like someone had trampled on my beautiful field of white daisies.
I went home and grabbed a letter Micail wrote me entitled, "For When You Feel Completely Alone." She shared a scripture with me that talked about how the Lord will never leave us. He has called us here in righteousness and will hold our hands and walk with us all the way. I prayed and prayed that He would come with me. Be with me. And guide me.
And He came and comforted me.
Sometimes it rains. In fact, it HAS to rain. If it doesn't rain, nothing can grow. And my daisy field will dry up and die. Rain gives life to things and makes them better.
Thank heavens for rain. Thank heavens for sisters. Thank heavens for Our Savior who will never leave us.
I love you family! Thank you for all you do for me. You are my heart. :)
Life is beautiful! I love it! :)
- Sister Mann
No comments:
Post a Comment