How are you all?! How's band going, Lu? Mom, how do the flower pots look this year? Happy Father's Day, Daddy-o! Tel, don't squish lizards anymore, you raging sicko. :) I sure miss you all! NYC is just lovely as always. We are starting to see some progress with our investigators and that's just super-duper exciting!
Thank you so much for praying for the families we work with! I can feel your prayers and they make all the difference. I love the Cortez family so much. They truly want to do what's right and have a desire to know truth. It's perfect. :) Although, there is opposition in all things and both the parents work on Sundays making church attendance quite the obstacle. We have a lesson with them tonight and I'm hoping it runs smoothly. I want them to know how much they are loved and that there is a plan for them. Keep praying for them, because I believe whole-heartedly in miracles. :)
I need to as your forgiveness... After I wrote my e-mail last week I just felt sick to my stomach all day. I told you all the bad things like a real, whiny missionary and plum ran out of time to tell you all the good! Which is just ridiculous seems how there is an abundant amount of goodness and happiness over here. :)
I love New York City. I love it. :) I think I love it mostly because everything and everyday is something new and different. This place has a soul. Hardly anything here is just regular or just normal. Everything expresses it's self to the fullest. It's fearlessly fast or absolutely still. Booming loud or softly whispered. Flawlessly clean or thickly dirty. Everything has character. By far the best of it is the people. People just do exactly what they feel and express it fully. I love it. The way they dress, speak, believe, and live is drastically different. And they are from Everywhere. There is every culture and every tongue. It's the best. :) I love the pigeons and the old men who walk their ugly dogs. I love the boy rapping on the subway and I love the graffiti. I love doing my laundry in the tiny little laundry mat down the street and I love the skyline of the city from the top of the train station. I love it here. :)
On Friday it poured rain, just as it did the day I described in my last e-mail. After we realized there was no staying dry, we just sacked it. We jumped in the puddles, and talked to everyone, and loved every bit of it! It was honestly one of the most fun days of the mission yet. Really, it was no different from that one really hard day. The only real difference was my attitude. I just had to choose to be happy and then I was.
I love you family. I'm so happy. I'm the best I've every been. :)
All my love,
Sister Amelia Mann
And some pictures from the MTC
No comments:
Post a Comment