Monday, July 28, 2014

#69 - Birthday in Beautiful Brazil

Hi Family! :) :) :)

Thank you for your birthday wishes! I love you so much! :)

This is going to be another short e-mail because we are going to go to an art fair and get nutella milkshakes to celebrate the 21 years of this beautiful life I have lived. Yay. :)

- When we were coming home from Serrinha last P-day, we got stuck at the bus station in the rain waiting for a member to come and get us. Our P-day had already ended and we were suppose to be working, but the bus delayed and we were in our jeans and not even in our area.  We decided to not waste the time the Lord's given us and so we stood up on a little wall by the bus station and started singing hymns. It was so fun. And people loved it. They came and listened to us and it was a very special moment. :)

- After that, the member finally came and got us and took us to, our investigators, Cris and Jamile's home for a FHE. We shared our testimonies of the restoration and in the end, the bishop bore his testimony and sang. The spirit was so strong and Jamile began to cry and said it was the answer to her prayer is the church is true. It was POWERFUL. 

- I love Cris and Jamile. They are so faithful. They seem like they have been members for years and years! When we are teaching them, I keep looking around to see if there are cameras and it's really a training that the church is doing on missionary work and they really are members acting as investigators, because it just doesn't seem real. Ha ha :) They are so wonderful! They even invited us over for Almoço and made us lasanha. :) They have accepted to be married and baptized. They are starting on their documents this week. Miracles are real. The gospel is the truth.

- We are teaching Júci and her family! It give me great joy to teach families. I love teaching anyone, but there is something really special about teaching families. They are very respective and I love them. I pray they will have courage to do what is right with the truth we have taught them. Change can be a very, very hard process, but it's worth it. Eternal life is worth everything. 

- We got a call from a member this week and she asked Sister Nelson (the other american in the house) and I if we could teach English to her friend, Natan. Natan is an awesome, 19 year old who is paralyzed. It is very hard for him to leave his home because his wheelchair is very old and the dirt roads would be impossible to ride on. He has great desire to learn and speak English, and who better to learn from than 2 natives? :) Natan has a INCREDIBLE, crazy story. 2 years ago he was mistaken for a criminal and shot in the neck two times. By a miracle of our Heavenly Father, he did not die. He lived in the Hospital for 1 year and 7 months. That's longer than my whole mission! His mom refused to leave his side and slept in a plastic chair for months in the hospital. His story is incredible and it touched me deeply. We got to meet him this week, and I can say it was an absolute delight to meet such a humble, wonderful young man. We were instantly friends. :) We stayed and talked to him. We laughed a lot and also had a deep spiritual conversation. He had lots of questions about the church, the United States, and everything. It was so wonderful to be there with him. :)  We told him we'd stop by every week to help him learn English (and of course teach the gospel as well :) ) and  he was super excited. :)

- I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. SO MUCH. This time of my life is so rich and beautiful. There are trials daily, but I can not express how grateful I am to be here. I am happier than I have ever been. The gospel is happiness. :)

I love you so much! Eat a rainbow doughnut for me! I LOVE YOU ALL!!! :)

All my love and then some,

Sister Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment