Thursday, July 3, 2014

#65 - Peace

My Dearest Family,

I remember one time Micail told me that if our lives are centered on Christ, nothing in our lives can really, truly go wrong. I believe in that. I believe that through the Atoning Sacrifice of our Savior, Jesus Christ, everything that is sad, that is hard, that breaks our hearts, can be made right.

Now, please don't misunderstand me. That doesn't mean when sad things happen, we shouldn't be sad. No. Part of the lovely thing we call life, is passing through sad things and parting with our loved ones. Even Jesus Christ, The Master of All, wept at times and even mourned. I am grateful for my Redeemer, Jesus Christ, and that through Him, we never walk alone.

This can be a difficult gospel principle for investigators to understand, and so I usually tell this story to help them get a grasp on what the Atonement really is:

I remember, on many occasions, hiking with my daddy in the mountains, close to our home. My dad loves to climb mountains, even when there is snow. I remember as just a tiny little girl, running along side my dad as he would walk in the snow. As I would run, cold snow would fall into my tiny boots and make my toes cold and wet. My dad told me to walk behind him, and follow his footsteps, so that the snow would not fall in my little boots.  I did so. He walked in front of me, dragging his feet a little to make a little path for me in snow. He walked first, suffering the cold snow to fall in to his boots, so that none would fall in mine.  

The Savior has also walked our individual paths for us. Out of love, He has suffered every pain, trial, and sadness that we may encounter on our journey here.  He understands. He knows us. And He loves us. He has already walked a lonely, cold trail, so that we never have to. 

My heart is very sad today, having found out that Grandpa Mann has passed away. I love him very, very much. I am extremely grateful for him and for the example he is to me. I am grateful to have such delightful memories of him and to know we will have many more lovely experiences together. 

I am very mindful of Grandma and I hope she knows how much I love her. Please give her my love and a thousand hugs from me.

I am praying and fasting for you, family.  I love you very, very much.  How blessed we are to have each other for eternity. I feel blessed to have this opportunity to share the truth with other families, that they may also find peace in hard moments and have the wonderful blessing of an eternal family through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

Romans1:9- For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gosel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers.

All my love,
Sister Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment