Do you people even know how much I love you? I love you so much. You are my best friends and I'd do anything in the world for you. I'm grateful our home is a place where we all love each other. We can't even comprehend how blessed we really are. :)
Things are just dandy here in Brazil. Minus the World Cup of course. The people here greatly mourned when the Brazil team got creamed by the Germans. Ha ha :) But aside from that, we've had a good, constructive week in which many prayers have been answered.
We had some awesome lessons this week! We met Hebert this week and he has just been loving the gospel. I have a good feeling that I will see him in white, entering into the waters of baptism shortly. :) He was in church yesterday and just loved it! I know he was prepared by the Lord to receive the gospel.
We are also teaching Gerusa again! We stopped teaching her for a while because we had a lot of people to teach and she wasn't progressing or going to church. But this week, we invited her to a FHE at a member's home and she came! She then pulled a double surprise on us and came to church the following day! I'm super happy to be working with her again because I just love her. She's awesome.
I do believe in my last e-mail I mentioned that our ward split and we had been taking care of the two wards. It was been crazy-town over here and we've been working our tail feathers off. Our area is HUGE and we are just running to-and-fro trying to visit our investigators, less-active members, and everyone. Just as a small witness, my chacos broke and are currently being held together by thread and super-glue. :)
I've felt a great deal of responsibility and even stress in trying to accomplish the work here in Mangabeira. I love the people here and I worry about them and pray for them continually. I want them all to get the amount of attention and love that they deserve, but in my heart of hearts, I knew that Sister Granata and I could not do it all. I took the matter first to My Heavenly Father and prayed to know what to do. He then directed me and then I took the matter to President Lisonbee. I mentioned to him that we had a huge teaching group and found ourselves being spread thin, and if at all possible, we would love to have two more sisters.
Our prayers were answered almost immediately. Three nights ago we got a call from President Lisonbee saying there was a set of sisters who were having great difficulties in their area and would need an emergency transfer and we'd be getting 2 more sisters! :) The were so happy! I felt like a great weight was lifted from my shoulders. :) We rushed around trying to find beds, tables, and trying to get our little house ready for two more sisters. They got here Saturday night and it's been awesome! Sister Yslas and Nelson are just super. When they got here, I had already made a list for them of the people they'd be teaching and they were very happy to see that they already had a group of 25 investigators. :)
Heavenly Father really does hear our prays and love us. What matters to us, matters to Him. I love Him. :)
I must be off, family dear. I have so much to tell you and things I would like to share, but I suppose that will have to wait for another day. For now, just know I love you and pray for you always. :)
All my love,
Sister Mann
No comments:
Post a Comment