Yay yay yay! Familia! :)
I love you so much! Hearing from you is better than getting a golden ticket to the chocolate factory! Seriously. I love you so much. :)
Whoohooo! Luker! I could just feel ''Where the mountain peaks meet the starry skies!!...'' starting to trumpet in my soul as I was reading your e-mail about Sky View High! I totally remember Pasta Tuesdays! Best day ever! :) And debate. Oh, beloved debate! You are going to rock it, kiddo! Remember the LD and DUO heritage your big sissies left you with and have so much fun! High school is what you make it. Work hard, play hard, and love everyone. I love you, lil' skipper! Soooo much! :)
Huzzah! Thanks for feeding the sisters in Logan! For some reason I got all choked up looking at the two sister missionaries sitting at our dinner table. How cool is that? I hope you gave them a referal. Ha ha :)
This week has been grand! I love Serrinha so much. :) Heavenly Father knows me and knows exactly what He is doing up there. I don't mean to be a cheese ball, but it just feels right. It just fits. I love all the tiny, brightly-painted cement houses all smooshed together, and the gazillion hideous dogs and cats that roam the cobblestone streets, and the delicious food, and palm trees, and the people. I love the people. They are so sweet and SO relaxed. Ha ha They just sit outside their houses saying, "Bom dia!" to us as we pass by. And I'm understanding people so much better! Except, Rozanna, our investigator with only four teeth. I haven't the foggiest what she's saying. But! Sister Benedict knows what she's saying and I sure love her and she has a baptism date for September! Whoohoo! Batismo! :)
I've decided to stop obessively worry about the language because it was stressing me out beyond belief and I couldn't even get anything done. It will come, but it will also take time. But missions aren't about learning a language. They are about helping people and loving people as Christ would. So, I'll keep doing my best with what I can do, and not let Portuguese take the best of me, sabe? :)
Yesterday I had a bit of a Sunday Surprise! I was putting on my shoe as we were leaving our casa to go to church, and I felt something wriggling around in there. I flipped my shoe of real speedy quick and looked inside to see a little, tiny lizard tail. My heart sank for a moment as I realized I may have smooshed a little reptilian friend, but just then a tiny, adorable, very upset, tail-less lizard came scurring out. I had a royal spaz attack! He was sooo cute!!! I named him Gilson. I'm just glad I didn't smoosh him like some other lizard-smooshers I know... *cough* Micail Mann *cough cough* :)
I love my ward dearly, and they are a great many wonderful things.... But. They aren't really the Mormon Tabernacle Choir if you know what I mean... :) Ha ha! Whenever I am playing the piano on Sundays, I have to keep looking up at the board to make sure I'm playing the right song because I have no idea what the congregation is singing. Ha ha! I love them! You have to give them a break though, because they have been singing the hymns without really knowing what they sound like for some time. :) Some of our members asked me if I could teach them piano! I would love to do it, and I'm super excited! :) Hey mom and dad, the day has come: thanks for the years of piano lessons and making me practice. :)
We had nothing short of a miracle last night! A sister in our ward has been bringing her little, adorable niece to church every week. And we just love her! Her parents are not members and have nothing to do with the church, but we decided to go talk to them to see how they felt about their little girl being baptized. When we got there, the mom was very, very closed to us and did not like the idea. But we bore our testimonies and spirit came rushing in and touched her heart, and by the end of our visit, the mom was practically encourgaging her daughter to be baptized! :) :) Tonight is her baptism and I am so excited!
Family, I know that this is the work of the Lord. There is not a doubt in my mind about it. Do I have questions? Surely! I have lots of questions, and there is nothing wrong with asking questions. We should think for ourselves, and strive for understanding and progression. But I do not doubt. I see the hand of the Lord in this work everyday. Everyday. This is the work of the Almighty God and I cannot doubt that. I don't know all things, but I know we have a Heavenly Father who loves us and has a plan for us. Hold fast to what you do know. Hold fast to what you can do. He loves us and will take care of us.
I love you, family! Thank you for your prayers! Thank you for everything you do for me. I take your love with me and share it with the people of Serrinha.
All my love,
Sister Amelia Mann
No comments:
Post a Comment