Tuesday, July 30, 2013

#17 - Adventuuuuuures!!!!! :)

Hi everyone! :)

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! It was a hoot! :) Family, you know me all too well... :) I've already been coloring in my new princess coloring book and I've almost eaten all the strawberry thumbprint cookies. Thank you so much for everything! You are the best! :)  Today Hermana Franklin and Hermana Laney are taking me out to Brazilian food.  I love my companions so much! :) And if that wasn't happy birthday enough, I had the opportunity of attending a baptism of a convert that Sister Laney taught before she was companions with us yesterday.  It was so incredible! It lifted my spirits and gave me hope. Baptism is beautiful - it's a physical representation of a spiritual commitment and testimony. I couldn't have asked for a better twentieth birthday! :)  

Here's a little summary o' the week for you! :)

- On Thursday, I had the chance to go on exchanges to a different area with a new companion. It was so fun! We went to Flushing, which is an area heavily influenced by Asian culture.  When we came out of the subway, I thought we had landed in little China!  So cool. :) For exercise in the morning, we went to a park and did Thai Chi to mystical music with a group of Asian people.  I looked really out of place with those beautiful, graceful people, but it was awesome! I also got to eat duck! At least, I think it was duck... I don't actually really know what it was... :)

- They celebrate pioneer day in New York City too! :) I was so happy to discover this since it is my favorite holiday. The ward put on a presentation about pioneers and the ward choir sang Con Fe en Cada Passo (Faith in Every Footstep). I love this ward so much!  They are hilarious.  After, we played pioneer games, ate apple pie, and Hermana Espinoza even showed up in full-on pioneer attire. Bonnet included. :)

- I love Graciella. She is the coolest investigator ever! Her husband is no longer in the hospital, but has short-term memory loss, making things very difficult for her and her family. He came to the church for a lesson with Graciella and is so cool.  He is an awesome guy and I really hope his memory will come back to him.  Graciella is so faithful and I pray and pray for her. She teaches me WAY more than I teach her.

- Mookie is a wife!!! What in the world?! :) Thanks for the pictures! I'm so glad I got to "be there" via a picture of me being carried around. Ha ha! Thank you. :) While she was being sealed to her eternal companion, I was serving noodles to the old folks at Sunnyside Community Center. Ha ha! Life is funny. And beautiful. :)

Well family, I love you so much! Thank you for everything! I feel your love and your prayers.  Know that I love you and pray for you always. The Lord is with you and loves you.

Forever yours,

Hermana Mann

Hermana Sasso made us Lasagna so we had my b-day dinner in the church kitchen with the nursery chairs. Classic. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment