Yet again, it was another crazy, wonderful, miracle-packed week in the work of the Lord! I'm working as hard as I can and it's an absolute delight, but I must say, I am exhausted. Ha ha! :) We don't stop. :)
We visited some other sisters in another city, Santo Antonio de Jesus, this week! It was so cool to see another city and meet such wonderful people there. The gospel is so incredible and I love seeing it bloom all over Bahia. One day we will have a temple here in Bahia, but for now we just need to work, work, work! :)
We also finally moved houses. I can't tell you how nice it is. We still don't have beds, a washing machine, or hot water, but we'll get there. And we have a beautiful home and it's clean. It makes me so happy to walk into our home at night! :)
Last week a wonderful member brought a family to church with her and we have been teaching them ever since. This family is absolutely ELECT. They are so good. So, so, so good. I thank Heavenly Father for letting me teach Antonio, Souza, and Camille everyday. We were teaching them the Plan of Salvation to them and it was really special. They lost a son a year ago after a 7 year battle with meningitis. As we explained the miracle of redemption and resurrection to them, the Spirit was so strong. How blessed we are to have the truth. :)
We had an awesome lesson this week with Jorge and he came to church! We found this family of 5 young men on our ward list who where baptized and then went away from the church. When went there to see if we could rescue them and ended up finding their parents as well who were not baptized because they are not legally married. We taught them about eternal familes and the importance of marriage. They accepted to get legally married and we are currently trying to get all of their documents and papers put together to make this possible! :) What a blessing! :)
I'm learning more and more that the Lord's ways are not our ways. We were working with another wonderful couple to help them get married, but this week they got in a fight and ended up spliting up and moving out. I was so sad because I love this couple so so so much and they just seemed so perfect. My heart broke for hers as we sat together and cried. But interesting that every thing has a purpose. She told us now there is nothing holding her back from being baptized that they are not living together and as she starts this new life, she wants to begin fresh out of the waters of baptism.
I do not understand all things. In fact, I understand just a few things. But what I don't know, I trust that Heavenly Father knows. Some things that I do know for sure is that God loves us, that He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to save us from sin, death, and fear. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church of God on the earth today and has been restored through a prophet to lead and guide us and bring us happiness and help us get home to Heavenly Father one day. I trust my Heavenly Father and I will do whatever He needs of me, because He sees what I cannot see and knows what's best. Sometimes things happen and I just don't understand, but I know He is in control and everything will be beautiful when we put it in His hands.
How blessed I am to be apart of His work and see His hands daily. I love being a missionary and wearing the name of Jesus Christ over my heart everyday.
I love you so, family! Thanks for everything you do for me! I love you!
Also, Happy Birthday to the world's most wonderful, kind, smart, funny, good, and handsome kid brother! Luke, I love you so much! You are such an example to me! I wish I could be more like you! I've got a big ol' noogie coming your way in 3 weeks. Prepare yourself, twerp! LOVE YOU!!!! :)
All my love,
Sister Mann
No comments:
Post a Comment