Hi Family!
Have I ever told you how much I love Brazil and teaching the gospel and people and life? BECAUSE I LOVE IT! I am so blessed! We are so blessed. :)
I feel like Sister Gonçalves and I are secretly twin sisters because I love her so much but then I look at her and I look at me and think, probably not. Ha ha! We are certainly different, but like Jonathan and David (1 Samuel 18), our hearts are knit together! I love her lots and laugh lots with her, and we can feel the spirit so strong as we testify together. It's wonderful. :)
Sister Gonçalves was teaching a lady, Iracema, a year ago in another area and this lady just happened to move to our area and now we are teaching her. How cool is that?! She just looks like the next Relief Society President. I just love her. Heavenly Father truly is the head of this work. Every detail is guided by His hand.
I have made it a habit to invite people to church while we are on the bus and I have been doing so for a while, but guess what happened? One of the people I talked to REALLY came to church. It was awesome! Her name is Marcia and she is just golden! I got her address on the bus and we stopped by the same day. She is so prepared and I know the Lord put her in our path. It got me thinking about the simple things we do in our life that make a difference. Sometimes we feel like we keep repeating the same thing day after day and it doesn't really add up, but it does! We have to have faith to do the simple, good things like read our scriptures, pray with faith, and talk about the gospel with everyone every day because Heavenly Father will bless us and put those who are prepared in our way and we will become instruments in His hands.
Also, side-note. We are moving houses this week! Our current house is ... kinda... having sewer problems and being eaten by bugs and the roof leaks when it rains and we have to walk a half hour to get to church lots of other fun stuff, so we're moving! :) Our new house is really nice and that will be a nice change.
Um, I'd like to apologize for the lame e-mails these days. Forgive me. :) I've got to hang on to every beaming bright Brazilian moment I've got! Today we are going to Feirguay. It's like a giant street market with all kinds of weird imported stuff. It should be a hoot. :)
Family, I love being a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ. How blessed I am to serve full-time as a representative of Jesus Christ and wear his name over my heart. This is His church. I love Him.
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!! Forever and ever! :)
All my love,
Sister Mann
No comments:
Post a Comment