Hi Family! :) :) :)
What a beautiful day it is here in Mangabeira! Can I just say that I'm as happy as a clam? Because I sure am. The sun is out, the air smells like flowers, and my heart's just brimming. I love being a missionary with my whole soul! :)
Today is transfer day and thankfully I will be staying here in Mangabeira. I am SO happy to be staying here in my last transfer because I love this place SO much and the idea of leaving it makes me feel ill. :) All the sisters that were living with me either got transferred or are going home... so they've left me to carry on!
But I am SUPER excited about the three sisters that will be joining in the Mangabeira Love! I will be with Sister Gonçalves who I simply adore. Ever since I saw her happy face, I wanted to be her companion. It'll be a little different though. We are going to be Sister Training Leaders together and it will be our job to travel around a bit and help the other sisters and areas as well. I'm super excited! :)
In other news, my investigators are doing well! Cris and Jamile are trying to get married so they can get baptized before I leave, but it's a big ol' complicated process to get married here, so please pray for them! They are stellar. I love them. :) Natan is awesome. What a champ. He's loving the Book of Mormon and always has lots of really good questions for us. We found some other great people this week such as Marcia who is such an example of faith to me. She doesn't know how to read, but she still tries to read the Book of Mormon and what she can't understand, she asks us or has her husband read to us. But she's really special. I like her a lot and her little girl, Anna Clara, is darling and has been coming to church every single Sunday for weeks.
Sister Nelson and I were pretty much companions this week as Sister Yslas and Sister Granata were saying goodbye to people, packing their bags, and doing what going-home missionaries do, I suppose. But it was a hoot! Sister Nelson is so crazy and we had a lot of fun.
One day this week, Sister Nelson and I got absolutely and completely lost! Like... lost lost. We were trying to find the address of a family we had met on the street and we COULD NOT FIND IT. Turns out, this family lives at the end of the world and we walked for over an hour trying to get there. When we were trying to come back, I realized that I hadn't the foggiest where we were. Sister Nelson noticed my aimless sense of direction and asked, "Sister Mann...uh.. Where are we?" To which I smiled real big and responded, "Epically lost." :) And it actually ended up being way fun! We saw some beautiful Brazilian back-country (I'll try to send a pictures of it), laughed a lot, and quite enjoyed ourselves. :)
Eventually, we found some people and they helped us get on the right roads and we got back and we were fine. Family, you know me. You know how I feel about getting lost. :) Had that happened in past times, I would have had an absolute panic attack. I probably would have laid there on the pavement and keeled over. But something I have learned to do in the mission, is to just be happy and trust God. He's going to take care of us.
Today I was reading in Luke 12 and I found 2 scriptures that I really love:
24 Consider the ravens: for th ey neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor b arn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?
Heavenly Father loves us and wants the best for us. If we are doing what is right and keeping the commandments, He will take care of us. He knows us better than we know ourselves. He requires faith on our part, but when we trust him entirely, and put our lives in His hands, He will make miracles happen. I know my Father has perfect love for me and therefore, I trust Him and love Him in return. He is my Master and my King and I am His. :)
I love you so very much, Family! Have a lovely week and know I pray for you! :)
All my love,
Sister Mann
24 Consider the ravens: for th ey neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor b arn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?
No comments:
Post a Comment