Bom dia para vocês! :) We had a lovely week this week and it sounds like you did too! :)
The highlight of the week was Pedro's baptism for sure! It was so wonderful! He was a referral from a member that we just love and we have been teaching him and his family. All of them are so receptive, but Pedro was especially, and he progressed quickly. When we brought up baptism, he immediately accepted! (Mosiah 18:10-11) I hadn't even finished the question. :) He was just beaming yesterday at the baptism. It was so hard to restrain myself and not hug the kid to death. It was such a happy day! It is so beautiful to see the gospel change lives and bring hope and light into souls. :)
Also, HAPPY WORLD CUP!!!! :) :) :) I don't know if anything happens in the states, but it is crazy down here! Everything is covered in blue, green, and yellow (the Brazil colors). I will send you some pictures if I can. :) We are not allowed to be out and about during the games, but Sister Melonakos and I still put on our Brazil jerseys and cheer when Brazil makes a goal while we are studying our scriptures. :) (We KNOW when Brazil makes a goal because everyone screams and hollers and lights of fireworks and horns and it's crazy.) But it's a lot of fun down here! :)
One of my good friends, Renato, from the ward in Senhor do Bonfim is originally from here and I found the rest of his family! They are less-active, but we are working with them. They were super receptive to us right after I told them that I know their son and he is awesome. Heavenly Father is so smart and plans so well. :) It's hard to teach them because they own a little shoe factory next to their home and they are always working. But they let us teach them in the factory. So, that's fun. And we got free leopard print shoes so that was a bonus. While we were teaching them, the spirit was so strong. But right when I was sharing my testimony, I inhaled a mosquito and choked. It was really awful and a wee bit embarrassing, but they got me some water and they thought it was really funny and then they even liked us more. Ha ha! :) Now we're good friends with them and they said they'll be coming back to church next week! :) They are an awesome family!
President Hart has asked us to become more "sanctified in Christ" by giving up 5 little things that we do that drive away the spirit. It has been so awesome to see how just little changes in our lives can make big differences. I can feel the spirit working stronger in me. Just a few extra minutes of working on the area book, fasting weekly, reading in the scriptures, or writing in my journal invites the spirit in a huge way. It's just a tiny little sacrifice that ushers in revelation and peace. Sacrifice literally means to become sanctified. Sacrifice really does bring forth the blessings of heaven.
I sure love you, family! I miss you tons! :)
All my love,
Sister Mann
P.s. Also, we saw a double rainbow AND fireflies in the same day. It's like I'm living in magic land or something! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment