Saturday, June 14, 2014

#62 - Walk on the Sunnyside

Hi Beloved Family!

I am just jim-dandy here in Brazil! :) Life is beautiful. I love my companion. I love my area. I love my ward. I love the Lord. And I love you! :)

We had a Stake Conference last night that was so lovely. President and Sister Hart were even there! We had 8 investigators present and lots of less-active members that are starting to come back. They called all of the missionaries to bare a short testimony and the Spirit was so strong. While I was up at the pulpit, I looked over the crowd to see many people that I love deeply. Some of the people from Serrinha, my first area, were there and my heart just about exploded with happiness to see them. It was so wonderful to see them and be able to actually talk to them in and understand them in Portuguese and properly thank them for all the did for me. I love them. The room was just packed of wonderful people who have changed my life and I couldn't hold my happy-tears back. It was so beautiful. This really is the true church of Jesus Christ, my friends.

Flor and Aylton, that sweet elderly couple came to the conference! :) They loved it and I am so happy for their progress! Aylton is so excited and ready to get baptized, but he really wants to get baptized with Flor and she is still very hesitant. She comes from another religion that is very, very ridged and strict and the change has been hard for her. But she has opened up so much to Sister Melonakos and I! She told us the other day that she believes in the Book of Mormon and last night she said she LOVED the conference. So, while they are baby steps, they ARE steps. :) I would definitely put a "progressing" on the front of her title as our "investigator". It will be a beautiful day when they get baptized. :)

A sister from the ward took us to her nephew, Anderson's, house this week. He served a mission and used to be a super active member of the church, but passed through trials and stopped going to church a year or so ago. We talked to him about his mission, his family, and the desires he has for his life. We shared a couple scriptures with him and invited him to stop drinking and come back to church. He accepted our invitation to come back immediately and we took him to the church right then and there for him to talk to the bishop. When he walked out of the interview, he was glowing. We had a Family Home Evening this week (We made cookies. It was a big hit. :) ) and he bore the sweetest testimony. He's already set a goal to go to the temple in a year and to go back to school. I have never seen anyone progress as quickly as Anderson has. He had the opportunity to meet President Hart on Sunday. President Hart looked into his eyes and said, "Stay strong, my friend. We need you." It is so wonderful to see people come home. :)

Angela and Junior waltzed into our lives this week! I love them! We have already taught them almost everything and they came to church! Sadly, they came late and had to sit in the back and I don't know that they truly enjoyed the meeting as they should have. But they are awesome. I love them! They were a reference from a recent convert. Love those. :)

Gerusa is opening up to us a great deal more. She is the kind of person that you can imagine dressed in white, walking into the baptismal font with great ease... :) She hurt her hand and so we offered to wash all her dishes, of which there were many. She loved it. When we came back the next visit, she had already read 5 chapters in the Book of Mormon. Service and love are the best. 

We had a super awesome service project! Some of our investigators and less-active members we are working with came and it was so good too see them there and help in community. I loved it. :)

I don't have tons of time, but I love you! This week was awesome. I guess I will never have enough time to tell you A.) How many miracles we see B.) How much I love you! :)

All my love,

Sister Mann

          
PS. I bought a hammock. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment